Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I'd feel like a careless biatch if I didn't say something about 9/11 on the 10th anniversary, so here it goes:

It doesn't feel like 10 years to me, but then again I'm still having problems coming to terms that I can legally purchase alcohol...

I was in 6th grade PE when it happened. We were outside and they made us all get dressed and come inside immediately. We sat down in the gym and watched a small screen TV. Middle school drama queens were crying and afraid we were next, but I'm sure Alabama is the last state on the minds of terrorists.

I didn't know what to think, to be honest. The news kept feeding the same image over and over so I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know what the two towers were, nor did I know why a terrorist organization would attack it.

Throughout the day, all of my teachers had their tvs on and were trying to explain to us what happened, but they didn't quite know themselves.

Got home, same thing. No new images, no new info, except maybe estimated deaths... but I wasn't concerned. I was 11 years old. Next thing I know, we (the US) are going to Afghanistan to get Osama bin Laden.

That's what happened from the view of an 11 year old girl in Alabama. Not too glorious... but I'll admit I was scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment